This powerful software is both modular and configurable, so it can be adapted to fit the specific needs of any business; large corporations, small offices, education establishments, local government, copy shops and print rooms.
- The Universal Driver allows users to print through a common user interface regardless of the make or manufacture of the device. This removes the need to understand different print drivers and ensures the correct print output with no loss in functionality.
- The reporting system allows an organisation to monitor, track and control how much each printer, department, project group or user is costing the company.
- The Secure Printing module ensures sensitive documents can only be retrieved when the user authenticates at the device using an appropriate identification method.
- uniFLOW™ also enables Follow Me Print” where a user can print a job on any device in the fleet regardless of where the job was sent to or from.
- Customised workflows can be created so that documents can be scanned directly to their email accounts, network folders or document management system for increased efficiencies.
- Scanned documents can transformed into useable electronic form or converted to a format, such as Microsoft Word, so the user can edit the document at their PC.
- uniFLOW™ guarantees enhanced security by monitoring all device activity. A record of every copy, print, fax or scan performed is stored for audit purposes and examined for key words to prevent confidential documents being reproduced.
- The Rules & Routing module allows organisations to set intelligent rules around printing, ensuring that users print to the correct device based on a variety of criteria such as the type of job or the number of pages.
A well controlled scanning and print environment allows staff to power through jobs, increase overall output, and spend more time on revenue-generating tasks.
How can uniFLOW™ help you GDPR it?
uniFLOW™ focuses on security and on safeguarding personal print jobs. It allows users to send sensitive documents to any network printer and only print when they are there to collect them. This could be a printer on a different floor, building, city or even in a different country. So everyone can choose when and where they print, safe in the knowledge that their documents remain secure. uniFLOW™ can also help your organisation reduce the cost of unnecessary printing significantly.
With uniFLOW™ print devices can be locked to prevent unauthorized access via access control lists. Moreover, scan options can produce encrypted PDFs with optional password-protection. uniFLOW secures end-to-end connection between devices by encrypting print jobs in transit using AES‐256 bit encryption.
Under GDPR, investigations into data breaches will be mandatory. Integration between uniFLOW™ and iW SAM Express means text and image data can be captured together with log information to facilitate in-depth auditing and flagging of confidential information for a review. All data and images can be exported to a Data Loss Prevention System. Furthermore detection of data breaches can be accelerated by notifying a designated administrator e.g. when a specific keyword is printed. After a data breach happened the administrator can quickly track and report which documents has been printed, copied or faxed and by whom.
Personal data can be retrieved in a timely manner, as required under GDPR, and facilitate smoother processing of business workflows.