Our tiny islands are full of gems waiting to be photographed.
Seek them out, snap them and share them with us to enter the chance to win a € 200 voucher redeemable on Canon hardware products.
Terms & Conditions
1. The subject for this photography competition is “Local Gems”
2. Participants can submit up to one photo electronically, on the CanonMalta.com Facebook page up until midnight 19th June 2018.
3. To participate one must;
a. Visit our Canonmalta.com and Avantech Ltd Facebook pages and “Like” both pages.
b. Click the “WIN” tab situated on the left-hand side of the page.
c. Upload your photo, enter a caption for your photo and enter a valid email address.
d. Click “Enter” to submit.
4. All photographs being submitted must be taken using a digital camera. Photos taken using a mobile phone will be disqualified.
5. Photographs shall not have borders and/or watermarks.
6. The competition is open to Maltese Islands residents only. Employees of Avantech Ltd., as well as their immediate families and partners are not eligible to enter.
7. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges as well as public voting.
8. Judging will consider a range of factors including framing (20%), technical ability (20%), Originality (30%) and the commercial appeal (30%) of the photographs.
9. Public voting will be taking place on the same Canonmalta.com Facebook page until midnight Friday 21st June 2018. To vote one must:
a. Click the “WIN” tab situated on the left-hand side of the page.
b. Click on “Vote”
c. Choose the preferred photo and press submit.
d. Each Facebook user may vote once per day.
10. The panel will consist of an Avantech representative and our current exhibiting photographer Ms Therese Debono.
11. Scoring criteria will be as follows:
a. 40% will be derived from the number of public votes in the gallery.
b. 30% will be derived from the Avantech representative’s decision.
c. 30% will be derived from our current exhibitor, Ms Therese Debono.
12. Participants may be contacted by an Avantech representative and asked to send in a high-resolution copy of their image including all EXIF data via email. Failure to send in the image will result in disqualification.
13. The winner will be announced on Tuesday 26th of June 2018 on our CanonMalta.com Facebook page.
14. The competition winner will receive a € 200 voucher redeemable on Canon hardware products from Avantech Ltd.
15. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
16. In the event of a technical problem or evidence of impropriety with regard to the public’s vote, the judges shall have the final decision.
17. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
18. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
19. Photographs shall remain sole property of their owner however upon submission, the participant gives permission to Avantech to repost the photographs on social media platforms. Any reposts will be properly credited and will not be modified.
20. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Avantech Ltd. reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if Avantech has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
21. Avantech Ltd. reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.